Saturday, August 14, 2010

Off on my Indian adventure

Here is the Taj Mahal, which vies only with the Egyptian pyramids for the title of Greatest Tomb Ever.

Today, I am getting on a plane and flying to India, and in two days time, I will be taking my own photo of the Taj Mahal and won't need to rely on Getty Images to help me out anymore.

(An aside: India! India! India! I cannot wait!)

I'm told that internet connections through Rajasthan will be sporadic and unreliable - so, I'll try to post as often as I can with wonderful photos and witty anecdotes of my amazing adventures, though I beg your indulgence if there are a few days in between with no word from me. I'll be thinking of you though, be sure of that.

So while there's silence over the interweb, think of all the fantastical things I might be doing instead.....

Picture me riding a camel, swathed in a sari; or reclining lazily by the side of a pool in a decrepit pink sandstone palace that used to belong to the last Maharajah. Picture me pushing past massive limpid-eyed cows in the marketplace; or slapping off the unwelcome hand of a too-friendly stranger in the crowd.

Picture me bargaining hard for fabric in the bazaar and shopping for salwar kameez!

4 comments:

Isabella Golightly said...

Your previous post brought tears of remembrance to my eyes - a lovely piece of writing and a sure sign that you deserve the most amazing holiday - I can't wait to see the fabric unfold!

Screamstress said...

Yay! I'm so excited to be going to India.. Um I mean you're going to India.. and I'm going vicariously hee hee bargain hard and safe flight!

Margaret said...

Owww!!! The Fabric! I can't wait to see what you find.

Leslie P said...

Loved reading this tthank you