Tuesday, November 2, 2010

When in doubt, sew

I'm missing home a lot today, after a long day that has drained me of practically all energy and motivation, following a night of bad dreams that woke me up at 3.49am. I'd hardly have the strength to write this if it weren't for the fact that every time I look out the window at RAMEE SUITES-2, I get a little burst of chuckly bubbles fizzing up inside me. Oddly, that sign is becoming my friend. Strange, huh?



In an effort to assuage my mood, I'm putting together two new patchwork cushions covers. I brought a small pile of 4 inch squares with me to Bahrain, knowing I would need something familiar and comforting to do in the evenings, and tonight these are proving just the ticket.


 Here they are, laid out on my tiled floor. Isn't it funny ... no matter how melancholy I get, the simple act of putting together little squares of coloured fabric in a pleasing arrangement always manages to lift my spirits.

1 comment:

Isabella Golightly said...

I love the way you manage to make completely unrelated blocks of colour look so good together. I have at least four of those fabrics & when I do this, they look like shit. Or a bad 80's shirt. Take your pick. Also - the bedspace post - disturbing on so many levels. I believe in the Asian student community in Sydney this is a common practice.