Friday, September 24, 2010

It never rains but it pours ....

.... so, after being worried about work and jobs and finances and all the rest of it, the universe has given me a sharp and spiteful little smack on my bottom.

Get this: in the coming week I have not one, but three - yes, THREE - job interviews. One for an innovative start-up company I'm quite keen on, one for a government agency that I think would bore me senseless, and one for a position overseas that could be very exciting.

AND, I received a prospective job offer from someone I've peripherally worked with for a very long time.

Hah! How's that!

And you know what it made me realise? When I was confronted with the very real prospect of imminent employment?

Ideally, I'd like the rest of the year off.

So at least that's decided now, hooray. Though if I DO get offered one, I should put my mind to convincing them to let me start in January 2011 ..... hmm, I'll get back to you if I have any brilliant ideas on that front ......

PS - just got another phone call - make that four interviews next week!

1 comment:

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Look at you all super employable, good luck, you'll know what feels right. My husband is taking the rest of the year off & starting a new career overseas, didn't see that coming, but it's going to work out nicely for all of us. Love Posie