Thursday, February 2, 2012

Crafty Goals List: baby quilt for Beck - tick that box!










  1. Baby quilt for the Amateur Actress
  2. Baby quilt for Beck
  3. Baby quilt for the Headmistress
  4. Cup of tea and a lie down after three baby quilts in quick succession
  5. Complete the massive postage stamp quilt I started early last year. I was doing fine until I realised I'd accidentally doubled the recipe and was now making the quilt twice as big as it needed to be. King-size. In three-inch squares. That's a lot of seams. It's been stuffed into the back of a drawer (a big drawer) for months now, because I get a cold shiver every time I even think about going back to it.
  6. Curlicue Crush quilt as posted on a few days ago
  7. Complete a patchwork screen using the antique wooden frame that's shoved into a corner of the sewing room and has been unused for years. In the hope of selling it at a market later in the year.
  8. Start the Autumn Daze quilt from Kaffe Fassett's Quilt Romance book - picture at the top of this post.
  9. Bit of a breakdown as I realise doing all those quilts is probably impossible, and why do I always set my sights on unattainable goals and is this a major character flaw and do I set myself up for failure this way and why can't I just live more in the now without having to constantly achieve, achieve, achieve; ...valium now please.
  10. Finish those grey wool pants I cut out in the middle of winter last year ... sigh ....
  11. Put up shelves in my sewing room so that my wondrous and ever-growing collection of lovely new and vintage tins can be displayed to its best advantage so that I can actually see and enjoy them. Right now they are piled on top of each other in a heap on the sewing table.
  12. Make a curtain for the sewing room window. It's been naked-of-curtain for more than 18 months now and I can't stand another winter without one.
  13. Organise myself for a destash sale. Gulp.
  14. Get Etsy sorted out. With current stock. Take some damn pictures, Flickettysplits!
  15. Start blogging again. Oh, I've done that one! Tick that box. Only fourteen to go .....

1 comment:

Isabella Golightly said...

Oh, how I know what you mean. Why do we do these things to ourselves? Have a cup of tea instead of that valium. And a nice lie down ;-)