Tuesday, December 8, 2009

What a helpful pussin




Here is the quilt I am trying to work on at the moment. Sigh. It's a Christmas present for a work colleague whose friend is having a baby, due on Christmas Day.

Grimth loves quilts. In fact, he loves helping me with my sewing ALL the time. He loves to get up on the material, and chew my pins (yes, he has this very strange metal fetish, and will try to chew pins, scissors, the edge of the sewing machine, the corner of the laptop, and even the copper roofing on a little lamp I have in the corridor. There are teethmarks in it.) - and generally be very helpful and try to assist in every way possible.

If I spread out some material, he's onto it like a flash. He loves to roll around in the fabric and get curled up into a big tangle mess of legs and folds. Here at least he waited until I was doing some pinning......

I'm working on a big range of Christmas orders at the moment. And I'm not quite sure where I'm finding the time to do them, in between the four (four!) markets I have scheduled between now and Sunday week. I *thought* I was spending every waking minute sewing for those markets, but apparently I've managed to find time to get the orders done as well. How lucky!

Stay tuned for photos tomorrow of the dodgy ladybird I'm constructing. I've never done a ladybird before, and I am just working out of my head rather than from pattern, and this may yet turn out to be the fatal error. Right now it looks more like a turtle than a ladybird. So some artistic assistance may be required ... which is fine as long as it doesn't come from the pussin!

4 comments:

flickettysplits said...

What on earth does that mean, you crazy spammer? There's nothing about forgiveness in this post! I have reported you to Blogger so ner ner.

I Purr-Furr to Craft said...

Lol!! Please! Grimth is so delightful, Have you thought of just giving him his own fabric? or is he just after what you are currently working on?. He is glorious!
Merry Christmas.

shannon said...

You know, Lady Bird was the name of Lyndon Johnsons wife (American first lady).... you could just say it was made to be named after her...40 years later...in a different country....

Cate Lawrence said...

I'd love to see the finished piece! When I had pet bunnies, they loved rolling on freshly laid out fabric, especially if topped by pattern pieces! Naughty!