The lovely LouLou (of Buttons By LouLou fame) has tagged me for a blog award! I am apuff with pride. Thankyou LouLou!
This award marks my hundredth post. Whoo hoo! A hundred whole posts. Who'd have thought I'd get this far when I started this blogging lark?
The rules of the award are that you have to list 7 things that make you Awe-Summm and then pass the award on to 7 other bloggers you love. Make sure to tag your recipients and let them know they have won! Also link back to the Queen that tagged you.
And so without further ado, here is my list of Awe-Summm'ness:
1. I have a nice smile. This comes from being a country girl, where you get to practice your smile because smiling is a natural part of life and not some odd character trait that marks you out as either completely naive or strange and to be avoided, like it is here in the city. Smiling here in the city often gets me into trouble.
2. I live my life in colours. Both literally and metaphorically. Be it clothes or risk-taking, I am a go-get-em girl who often acts impulsively without thinking about the cost (again, either literal or metaphorical). This can often get me into trouble.
3. I (like to think that I) have integrity. Can one have quite elastic morals without losing one's integrity? I believe so. Integrity is as much truth to oneself as it is to others.
4. I have little fear. I would generally rather do something and learn a horrible lesson from it going wrong, than not to do it at all.
5. I am an iron fist wrapped in a velvet glove. Sometimes first impressions can be misleading. To the outside world I can appear a sweet, lovely person. But I have an icy core inside me that comes to the fore when needed. Rarely, but when I need to, I can get really, really intensely angry at people without raising my voice one iota. It strikes fear into the hearts of men - and totally works.
6. I will eat just about anything. I've tried some weird food in my time, which comes from having lived overseas for a while in the Middle East, and also links back to the no-fear and life-in-colours aspect of me. One of the best things about travelling is trying all the strange cuisine where you have no idea what you're actually eating. There was this squid and kidney dish in China that just about made me throw up in the restaurant ....
7. I have a deep capacity for love. In my next life, I would like to come back as a cat owned by the human me. Boy, that would be living.
And now I would like to pass on this Awe-summm award to the following seven bloggers who rock my world on a regular basis.
6. You SEW girl
Now, drumroll please .... my next post will be number 101! And you know what that means ..... GIVEAWAY!! Watch this space.