Monday, April 13, 2009

Earnest the Easter Wabbit

Hello everybody. My name is Earnest the Easter Wabbit.

I popped out of a giant sewing-machine shaped egg on Easter morning. I drank Russian Caravan tea from a porcelain cup before bounding off to hide for the Easter Egg hunt.

It didn't take long for someone to find me. I think my Japanese-designed linen outer gave me away. My Amy Butler gusset was completely hidden. Isn't gusset a lovely word? My creator loves that word. It smacks of old ladies and euphemisms.

But back to the task at hand. It could have been my spectacular ear that was spotted first. I dressed it in camouflage ribbons and laid it flat in the grass, but even the best-laid plans can come undone.

I'm very fond of my giant pom-pom tail. I like to waggle it when something particularly pleases me.

At full stretch I measure approximately 30 centimetres high. Let's not talk about my waist-to-hip ratio. Easter means chocolate, and lots of it, and that's all I'll say about that.

I have button eyes, I'm stuffed firmly with polyfil and I sit up all by myself. What a talented wabbit I am.

I deserve a burrow that's really special. If you let me come home with you I promise to nibble your ear and bring you chocolate carrots in the night, and whisper stories to you of faraway places ....

No comments: