Thursday, April 23, 2009

I'm sew on hold ....

You really can tell how busy I am at work in any given period, without me actually saying so.

It's more what I don't say, in fact. It's the amount of blogging I don't do.

For example, this is only my second post this week since Saturday. And it correlates with a particularly busy period for me at work. I didn't even have time to take a photo of My Creative Space so that I could join in today!

I have a pretty good creative space at the moment, too. It's filled with all the projects I've got on hold until there's more time in my life next week. Sigh ....
  • There's an embroidered cushion I'm working on in dove grey and pink - part of a new range of text-based cushions (watch this space)
  • Some doorstops for the next Made N Thornbury market on May 2
  • A dinosaur for my godson
  • A headband for the Amateur Actress
  • A baby toy for my colleague who's expecting a little girl
  • A half-made bag in a Nicole Mallalieu pattern
  • Some doorsnakes, because winter's coming up

I can't wait to keep going on these projects next week ... my cup runneth over! I feel like I'm brimming with barely contained creativity.

10 comments:

CurlyPops said...

I'm very glad to hear that you're making doorsnakes because I need some for my new place for winter!

flickettysplits said...

Yay! Any particular colour you're keen on? I can make to order ...

Speaking of which, I LOVE my orange bag, it is FANTASTIC and the envy of all my friends! Thank you again! Plus I have your corduroy which I'll bring to Thornbury ... such a good bargain.

Kirsty said...

Door snakes are just about the best things ever!

Gina said...

So you do all this and work full time. And parent. And blog. Amazing!

flickettysplits said...

Yes, I am a super heroine for all those people who think there's not enough time in the day to work AND craft! There's definitely enough time, you just have to grab it where you can. Mind you, I parent *purry, furry babies - not human ones - so that certainly helps ....

Jemma. said...

Sometimes I think it's nice to be busy with un-creative things. It makes me feel so good when I can get back to making!

c.raf.t said...

It feels so strange to read that winter is coming up...when here (Spain)we are in full spring, and someday are already so hot that it feels like summer's here!!!

Fifi Flowers said...

Hang in there... ENJOY your weekend! Fifi

Mountaingirl said...

I heard you're WORKING this weekend?????!!!! BOOOOOOOO

We'll miss you in the mountains and wish you were here, but we understand. (And be glad that we dont have those kinds of pressures!)

The cushions you made me look amazing - both in the book nook and on my gorgeous orange lounge. The Gin and Tonic is perfect for it! THANKYOU!

xxx

Maureen Reynolds said...

LOL doorsnakes. Would that they could keep the heat out also!