Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Stretch!

Here's my new creation.

I made him yesterday, in between the loads of washing and hanging out and gardening and general tidying up.

I'm not quite sure what he is. He's meant to be a giraffe - he came from a pattern my mum sent me, and the pattern was most clearly marked "giraffe".

But like daughters everywhere, I failed to read the instructions when I was putting him together.

And distracted by the domestic drudgery, I also forgot to put on his mane. And his horns. Oh, and his tail as well. Whoops.

So now he looks like he's part kangaroo, part Loch Ness monster. I'm sure I could adapt him to be either, if I needed to.

He's partly made (the orange, red and yellow flowery side) from a vintage sheet I paid $2 for in Merbein, during that Mildura weekend a short time ago. Vintage sheet! Queen-sized! Two dollars! I love the country.

His other side, here, is made from a Tina Givens print called Cloe's Imagination. This print is way too bright for clothes, but perfect for stuffed animals. Much more expensive than the sheet, though.

He has two buttons for eyes, and lovely polka-dotted ears in yellow and peach.

Most importantly, he is the first stuffed animal I've ever made that actually stands up by itself.

I think I'm going to call him Stretch.

4 comments:

CurlyPops said...

He's very cute whatever he is!

Andrea Eames said...

Aw, he's gorgeous!

Andrea Eames said...

Hello again. I have given you an award! Details are on my blog.

WendyB said...

P.S. He looks like a giraffe to me.