Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Weighty concerns

Ugh .... eating healthily really just means planning in advance, doesn't it?

It doesn't mean skipping breakfast, jamming in lunch half an hour early because you're starving, and then accidentally consuming a mini chocolate cannoli, a custard-creme puff at 3.30, and then accepting the free raspberry muffin at close to 5pm.

No, it does not.

I could learn a thing or two from Fatpuss I think, who spent the first week of his new diet refusing to eat at all, and the second week of his diet snuffling up every diet chompie he could find because he finally realised that nothing else was going to come back on the menu.

Fathead has a weigh-in on Thursday at the vet, too, where she's going to look him up and down and stand him on the scales and tut-tut about his tummy. Granted, it's a slightly smaller tummy than it was, but it could still warrant its own postcode in some small countries.

In fact, I think MY tummy could rival it, after all the rubbish I've eaten today. Lucky I'm wearing an empire line dress that's lovely and voluminous ... at least I can't feel my waistband straining!

No comments: